TOP – PRESS system
- Patented system for liquidation of wastewater and particularly recommended for villages with spread out estates
- Liquidation of wastewater without the construction of an expensive and central wastewater treatment plant
- Gradual connection of individual users according to their requirements and financial possibilities
- Real possibility of protection for ground and under underground water in localities where it would usually not be possible due to the financial demands for a traditional solution even in the long term
Description of the TOP –PRESS system
This system combines, in an optimal manner, the advantages of a pressure sewerage system and a domestic wastewater treatment plant. The principle of the solution is based on the fact that for each property there will be a domestic wastewater treatment plant with a reservoir of treated water and the pump at a sufficient transport height. The treated wastewater flows from the domestic wastewater treatment plant to the reservoir where it is accumulated either for the owner to use for watering during summer or it is regularly pumped to the public collection piping. The transport height of pump is about 45 m, the collection piping in the street has DN 32 mm and is placed into a non-freezing depth irrespective of the configuration of the terrain. In the place of connection of the domestic connection of the pre-treated water to the collection piping there is a valve with ground set (similar to the water connection) which enables the disconnection of the property from the collection piping. The self-contained locality is then the only outlet object which serves for checking the quality of the discharged water connected to the public water stream.
In localities with spread out estates there is no problem in terms of investment concerning a central wastewater treatment plant but in the construction of the waste piping. The alternative for the decrease of costs for sewerage piping is a septic tank with discharging to the wastewater treatment plant, pressure sewerage piping, under-pressure sewerage piping and the TOP-PRESS system.
Advantages of the system
- The system is also recommended for protective zones of water sources, because accidents at central wastewater treatment plants cannot occur and the quality on the outlet to the water stream is ensured by the option for disconnection of incorrectly operated domestic wastewater treatment plants from the system by closing the ground valve.
- The operator of the system – usually the municipality, has minimum operating and investment costs. Usually it invests into public collection piping which can be constructed in stages and can provide a contribution from the inhabitants according to the financial possibilities to purchase a wastewater treatment plant. All energy and operating costs are on the part of the direct producer of the wastewater.
- The operator of the system usually ensures once every six months the sludging of domestic wastewater treatment plants of a faecal collection vehicle and, at the same time, checks their functions. One filling of a faecal collection vehicle is sufficient for sludging of about 30 pieces of wastewater treatment plants.